Update 15th November

It has been a busy few weeks lately culminating in a work trip to the USA last week. This trip was quite beneficial as, when one is stuck on a plane for 9 hours each way, or completely disconnected from the world 8300ft up the Colorado Rockies in a 1970s cabin with no phone signal, TV or Internet it allows for lots of thinking.

I’ve come up with a list of things that I want to achieve for Linkey by the end of Semester 1 (end of January ’13):

• Complete the first draft of a case study looking at institutional uses of OAuth.
  • Invite our program manager, Chris Brown, for a site visit and spend the day looking over the case study and planning the last few months of the project.
  • Formally release the code I have been working on, including documentation, unit tests and tutorials.
  • Look at developing a .well-known standard for describing OAuth endpoints and enabling discovery (more on this in a future post).
  • Work with my colleagues in ICT to start implementing a joint OAuth and Microsoft UAG web single sign-on implementation.

I’ve been asked to work with the Orbital team to try and develop an authentication endpoint that will allow University of Lincoln staff and Siemens staff to securely sign-in to applications that have been developed by that project, but with each member of staff using their own institutional/company credentials.